What is jQuery, what can you do with it?
"write less, do more". It's easy-to-use APIs makes the things like HTML document traversal and manipulation,
event handling, adding animation effects to a web page much simpler that works seamlessly across all the
major browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.
jQuery also gives you the ability to create an Ajax based application in a quick and simple way. Big companies like Google, Microsoft and IBM are using the jQuery for their applications.
So you can easily understand how popular and powerful the jQuery is?
What you can do with jQuery?
There are lot more things you can do with jQuery.
- You can easily select elements to perform manipulation.
- You can easily create effect like show or hide elements, sliding transition, and so on.
- You can easily create complex CSS animation with fewer lines of code.
- You can easily manipulate DOM elements and their attributes.
- You can easily implement Ajax to enable asynchronous data exchange between client and server.
- You can easily traverse all around the DOM tree to locate any element.
- You can easily perform multiple actions on an element with a single line of code.
- You can easily get or set dimensions of the HTML elements.
The list does not end here, there are many other interesting things that you can do with jQuery.
You will learn about all of them in detail in upcoming chapters.... jQuery Advanced »